课94:弗兰克买新鞋

Lesson 94: Frank Shops for New Shoes

Frank's most comfortable pair of shoes are wearing out. 弗兰克最舒适的一双鞋子已经破旧。

Frank doesn't like buying shoes online because he can never be sure of the size. 弗兰克(Frank)不喜欢在线购买鞋子,因为他永远无法确定大小。

So he visits a shop in a nearby mall. 因此,他参观了附近购物中心的一家商店。

Phrases used in this lesson include: 本课程中使用的短语包括:

"to wear out (something) " / "to wear (something) out" = to use or wear something until it becomes in poor condition. “磨损(某物)” /“磨损(某物)” =使用或磨损某物,直至其状况变差。


"on special" = at a reduced price, probably because the shop is overstocked or the goods are not selling well. “特价” =价格降低,可能是因为商店存货过多或货物销售不佳。


"browse for a bit" = look at the goods in and around a particular place. “稍微浏览一下” =查看特定位置及其周围的货物。


"Hush Puppies" = a well-known brand of shoe that is Frank's favourite. “ Hush Puppies” = Frank的最爱鞋子。


"high-end brand" = a brand of products of a high quality, and usually a high price to match! “高端品牌” =高品质的产品品牌,通常价格高昂!


"a steal" = something that is so cheap, it’s almost as if you paid nothing for it. “偷” =一种便宜的东西,几乎就像您为此付出了什么。


"it costs an arm and a leg" = it is very expensive indeed. “花了一条胳膊和一条腿” =确实非常昂贵。


"I can't afford it" = I don't have enough money to buy it. “我买不起” =我没有足够的钱购买。


"it's a bit pricey" = it is a bit expensive. “有点贵” =有点贵。


"in fashion" = fashionable, in demand from people who follow fashion trends. “流行” =流行,是追随流行趋势的人们的需求。


"I'm sticking to...." = I shall continue to use.... “我坚持...。” =我将继续使用....


insoles = soft, thin objects placed inside a shoe, to cushion the sole. 鞋垫=放置在鞋内的柔软,薄的物品,用于缓冲鞋底。


orthotic = designed to correct a problem with your feet. 矫正=旨在纠正您的脚部问题。


"a loyalty card" = a card that gives the owner a discount for shopping at a certain place. “会员卡” =给予所有者折扣的卡,用于在某个地方购物。


"Oxford lace-up" = a style of shoe that fastens with a shoelace. “牛津系鞋带” =一种用鞋带扣紧的鞋。


Here's the dialogue and explanation. John reads everything. 这是对话和解释。 约翰读了一切。

[Frank sees a pile of shoes on special, just inside the shop's doorway]. [弗兰克(Frank)在商店门口看到一堆特别的鞋子]。


Frank [thinking]: I'll check these out, just in case there's something suitable at a bargain price. 弗兰克[思考]:我会检查一下,以防万一有便宜的东西适合你。


[He starts to sort through the pile. One pair looks particularly comfortable, but is three sizes too large. He asks the shop assistant.] [他开始整理堆里的东西。 一对看起来特别舒适,但三个尺寸太大。 他问店员。


Frank: This looks good, but do you have it in size 9? 弗兰克:看起来不错,但是您有9号尺码吗?


Staff: We do have that in a size 9 on the shelves, Sir, but it's not on special. 员工:先生,我们确实有9号的货架,但这不是特别的。


Frank: [thinking]. That's sensible, I suppose. They put the stock that isn't popular, on special, to get rid of it. 弗兰克:[思考]。 我想这很明智。 他们将不受欢迎的股票特别甩掉。


Frank: OK, could you show me those, please? 弗兰克:好的,能给我看看吗?


Staff: Sure, come this way. 员工:当然,这边走。


[She leads Frank to the rear of the shop.] [她带领弗兰克去商店的后方。


Staff: Here are the size-9s. The shelf above is 8s, the shelf underneath is 10s. There are other styles here from the same manufacturer, too. 员工:这是9码的衣服。 上面的架子是8s,下面的架子是10s。 同一制造商在这里还有其他款式。


Frank: Thanks, I'll browse for a bit. Also, I'd like to check out the Hush Puppies, where are they? 弗兰克:谢谢,我会浏览一下。 另外,我想看看“安静的小狗”,它们在哪里?


Staff: They're just along here to the right. Also, we have some high-end brands next to them. They're very much in fashion. 员工:他们就在右边。 此外,我们旁边还有一些高端品牌。 他们非常时尚。


Frank: Thanks for that, see you shortly. 弗兰克:谢谢你,很快再见。


[Frank slowly browses the shelves. He finds some size 9s of the bargain-priced brand he saw by the doorway. He tries them on, but they have surprisingly hard soles and are not comfortable.] [弗兰克慢慢浏览书架。 他在门口发现了便宜货品牌的9号尺寸。 他试穿了鞋,但鞋底出奇的坚硬,不舒服。]


[Frank sees another brand, at a remarkably low price.] [弗兰克以低廉的价格看到了另一个品牌。]


Frank: These are a steal! 弗兰克:这些都是抢断!


[He tries them on, but the size 9 pinches his toes. The next size up, size 10, feels too soft and floppy]. [他试穿,但9号尺码捏住了脚趾。 下一个尺码为10的尺码感觉太松软了。


Frank: As usual, you get what you pay for! 弗兰克:和往常一样,您得到的货款!


[He moves to the Hush Puppy section]. [他移到安静的小狗区域]。


Frank: My favourite! 弗兰克:我的最爱!


[He tries on a size 9 black Oxford lace-up style and walks up and down.] [他试穿9号黑色牛津系带风格,然后上下走动。]


Frank: Hm, it's catching my ankles a bit. There's a slightly different style here, I'll try that. 弗兰克:嗯,这有点伤到我的脚踝了。 这里的样式略有不同,我会尝试的。


[He tries it on and walks up and down.] [他试穿然后上下行走。]


Frank: Perfect! But before I go, I'll check out the high-end ones the salesgirl pointed to. 弗兰克:太好了! 但是在我去之前,我将检查女售货员指向的高端产品。


[He picks up a beautifully-made black shoe and looks inside it for the price sticker.] [他捡起一件制作精美的黑色鞋子,在里面寻找价格标签。]


Frank: My God, it's lovely but it costs an arm and a leg! I just can't afford it on my Pension. 弗兰克:天哪,它很可爱,但要花一条胳膊和一条腿! 我只是无法负担我的退休金。


[He takes the pair of Hush Puppies that fitted him well, to the cash register.] [他把一副适合他的安静的小狗带到收银机。]


Frank: I checked out those fashionable shoes you showed me. They were nice, but a bit pricey. I'm sticking to my favourites. 弗兰克:我检查了你给我看的那些时髦的鞋子。 他们很好,但是有点贵。 我坚持我的最爱。


Staff: That's good. Do you have a loyalty card? 员工:很好。 您有会员卡吗?


Frank: No, I don't shop here very often. 弗兰克:不,我不经常在这里购物。


Staff: OK, I must tell you about our promotion - buy two pairs and get the second one for half price. Would you like to do that? 工作人员:好的,我必须向您介绍我们的促销活动-购买两双,并以半价获得第二双。 你想这样做吗?


Frank: Oh, yes, please! And I'd like two pairs of insoles. Just flat, not orthotic. 弗兰克:哦,是的,请! 我想要两双鞋垫。 只是平坦,不矫正。


[The salesgirl wraps his purchases. Frank pays, and leaves feeling very pleased.] [女售货员包装他的购买。 弗兰克付钱了,离开后感到非常高兴。


Frank: Thanks, enjoy the rest of your day! 弗兰克:谢谢,祝您度过愉快的一天!


Staff: I will! See you! 员工:我会的! 再见!


<< 上一个 Back

Index 指数

Next 下一步>>